- Why MLS Fans Should Be Excited for the 2014 Season
- Partnership with American Soccer League a historic occasion
- Canada ready to take centre stage
- The Fourth Path: Rethinking early player development in the United States
- Rooney inks new deal with United
- MLS considering five cities for expansion
- Man United: Club struggling but making money
- Messi on brink of cracking La Liga’s top 3 goalscorer list
- TSN today announced its 90-game national broadcast package that includes 65 games
- Beckham lobbying PSG owners to help fund MLS Miami
Join in the Kick 4 Cancer Weekend
- Updated: December 13, 2013
This Labour Day weekend at The Soccer Centre in Vaughan, the Mayor’s Cup will feature eight GTA women’s teams who will take the pitch to help make cancer history. Salute to Soccer and the Ontario Soccer Association have teamed up to invigorate the Mayor’s Cup and raise $80,000 for the Canadian Cancer Society.
The money raised from Kick 4 Cancer helps fund leading-edge cancer research that is improving cancer treatments, preventing cancer and saving lives; provide reliable and up-to-date information on cancer, risk reduction and treatment; offer vital community-based support services for people living with cancer and their families; and advocate for healthy public policies.
Players from Innisfil SC, Mississauga SC, Oshawa Kicks, Unionville Milliken Soccer Club, Vaughan Soccer Club, Whitby Iroquois Soccer Club and Woodbridge SC will take the pitch to represent their clubs as well as join forces on an eighth team: the Canadian Cancer Squad.
To donate to Kick 4 Cancer in support of the Canadian Cancer Society, click here:
Games begin at 11 am on Saturday and Sunday. There will be refreshments and on Saturday a licensed area will be available.
The weekend opens with a gala Friday night at the Riveria Parque hosted by the Soccer Show’s Nigel Reed and Bob Iarusci. Tickets are still available for $50, which includes a buffet dinner, cash bar, DJ entertainment and a silent auction. To purchase your tickets, please contact Louise at 905-706-3933.
The gala is sponsored by EXPO – Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, Umbro, Pizza Nova, Ital Florist, the Ontario Soccer Association and the York Region Soccer Association.