- Managerial departures: ‘Sacked’ seems to be the hardest word
- Not Even a Missed Penalty Could Spoil Sinclair’s Night
- Coaching development critical component to player progress in Canada
- Liam Stanley named 2013 Canadian Para Soccer Player of the Year
- FIFA World Cup draw pits champion Spain vs. Netherlands
- TSN Announces Its BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE Broadcast Schedule Through to January 31, 2014
- Colombia is Women Futsal World Cup Winner
Sportsnet Secures 4-Year Multiplatform Deal with CONCACAF
- Updated: December 10, 2013
– New agreement runs through 2016 and features rights to world-class CONCACAF soccer events, including the 2013 and 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cups –
– Multiplatform deal includes rights for television, online and mobile –
TORONTO (January 10, 2013) Sportsnet announced it has reached a four-year multiplatform agreement with CONCACAF for the broadcast rights to seven CONCACAF properties, including the 2013 and 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cups, continuing the brand’s status as Canada’s undisputed home to all things soccer.
The new agreement, which begins now and runs through the 2016 season, features a comprehensive suite of multimedia rights for television, online and mobile, and includes the following events: CONCACAF Gold Cup, CONCACAF Champions League, the Men’s and Women’s Qualifiers for the 2016 Olympic Games, the Men’s and Women’s Under-20 and Under-17 Championships, the CONCACAF Futsal Championship in 2016, and the 2014 Women’s World Cup Qualifiers for the 2015 FIFA World Cup.
Sportsnet previously aired CONCACAF events in 2011 and 2012.
“Sportsnet is committed to providing fans with access to premium soccer content, and providing viewers with exceptional broadcast coverage,” said Navaid Mansuri, Vice-President of Finance & Sports Programming, Rogers Media. “The addition of these CONCACAF events to our already robust soccer portfolio ensures more than ever that Canadians will be able to see all of the action of the beautiful game, from everywhere around the world.”
In August 2012, Sportsnet also announced that it is an official licensed broadcaster of the 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilTM and launched Soccer Central, the nightly one-hour soccer news show that provides footy fans with news, highlights and analysis from the world’s best soccer leagues and events, 365 days a year.
Sportsnet delivers the most extensive multiplatform soccer coverage ever in 2013, including access to more than 1,000 world-class matches:
Barclays Premiere League
UEFA Champions League
UEFA Europa League
World Cup Qualifying
Canada Men’s and Women’s Team matches
FIFA World Cup events
Social Media Links
Official Website, Sportsnet http://www.sportsnet.ca/
Like Sportsnet http://www.facebook.com/sportsnet
Follow Gerry Dobson @SNGerryDobson
Follow Craig Forrest @craigforrest1
Follow Sportsnet @Sportsnet
Official Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR